Even though the first thing you think of when the word ‘summer’ is mentioned is vacation on the beach and other serene destinations, it is also a given that certain house cleaning chores are best done in summer.
You may think that spring is the busiest time of the year when it comes to addressing certain home cleaning chores, but the truth is summer is also a demanding season. Part of the reason is good weather, which means you can easily deal with certain tasks. Here are few of the most common chores:
- Window cleaning - hot temperatures can quickly dry pet nose marks and child fingerprints on the window glass. That’s why regularly cleaning your windows in the summer is a good idea. So is one thorough clean, in case you haven’t done so after the snow and rain. Besides, that is a good opportunity to inspect for holes and cracks.
- Door and window tracks - while you are doing your window cleaning, it is wise to address not only the glass part, but also clean the window and door tracks. Usually there is a lot of gunk that accumulates on the tracks and cleaning that is going to make a huge difference.
- Clean light fixtures - do you know that the amount of insects that come into contact with your lights in the summer is highest throughout the year? That is why it is a good idea to keep an eye on lamp shades and light fixtures and wipe them down with a clean cloth every now and then during summer months.
- Clean the home exterior - now that you will be spending a good portion of your time outside, it is a great idea to address some cleaning needs of your home’s exterior. Jet wash your patio and driveway and don’t forget to clean the siding as well. You might need specialised equipment for patio cleaning, though keep in mind that you can rent it.
- Clean your pantry - with all the insects roaming about in search of something to eat, it is a good idea to inspect the pantry. Stash your food supply in sealed containers and wipe down to ensure the pantry is clean.
Addressing all of these chores in the summer is a wise idea. Don’t forget to devote some of your time to them.